Vitrification delivers the same clinical results as with fresh eggs with a high survival rate of the oocytes. We are a leading CRYOPRESERVATION IN IVF Nairobi, Kenya.
Becoming a mother after receiving an oncological treatment.
Vitrification of oocytes is the most viable option for women who have to undergo chemotherapy or radiotherapy. However, it must be performed with the oncologists’ consent.
- Creation of oocyte (egg) banks.
Through oocyte donation, immediate oocyte availability is ensured.
- New possibilities in the clinical handling of different pathologies in assisted reproduction:
- Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome (OHSS):
In OHSS, it is not advisable to carry out an embryo transfer in the same treatment cycle. Hence, vitrifying the eggs for insemination during a new cycle is an excellent alternative.
- When the oocytes do not respond adequately to stimulation and very few oocytes are obtained, we can accumulate oocytes from two or three stimulations. This will enable us to choose the best possible embryo for implantation in the uterus.
- In case a semen sample cannot be provided on the day of the oocyte retrieval, or if the sperm sample is of poor quality, the technique of vitrification is appropriate.
- Vitrification of the remaining embryos
Once the embryo transfer has been done, the remaining embryos will be vitrified so that they may be transferred in a later cycle without the need for an ovarian stimulation.
Delaying motherhood through Cryopreservation
Delaying motherhood has become a trend owing to the socio-economic reasons and change in lifestyle. Egg cryopreservation provides the opportunity for these women to preserve their eggs until they are ready to be mothers or once they have attained professional and financial stability. Egg cryopreservation enables the creation of donor egg banks. It also provides an alternative in cases where the man finds it impossible to give his semen sample on the day of the ovarian puncture, or when it is necessary to delay the time of embryo transfer. For example, in cases where there is a risk of ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome